Client Nationality: Finnish
Location: Fushun City, Shenyang Province
Turnaround: 4 months
- Consulted client on joint venture governance in China.
- Attended joint venture shareholder meetings and drafted memos to be signed by both parties to protect client’s interests.
- Provided interpretation on China joint venture related laws and regulations.
- Identified the legal consequences of moves taken by the joint venture’s shareholders and/or its board.
- Issued independent opinions in attorney reports over complex legal matters and answered relevant inquires via e-mail.
- Offered actionable opinions based on experience in solving possible conflicts and/or disputes between shareholders, board of directors.
- Drafted relevant documentation and followed up the registration process to assist client’s in gaining more control of its invested business in China.
Client Nationality: Dutch
Location: Beilun District, Ningbo City, Zhejiang
Turnaround: 2 months
- Secured trustworthy Chinese partner
- Negotiated investment (US$1,300,000).
- Negotiated favorable equity for client.
- Drafted Articles of Associates (i.e., bylaws, in accordance with Chinese Corporate Law).
- Got Certificate of Approval to set up joint venture by local governing authority.
- Registered joint venture with Administration of Industry and Commerce.
- Got certificate from various governing bureaus that a manufacturing joint venture requires including but not limited to Environmental Impact Report, Tax Registration Certificate, Organizational Code Certificate, Foreign Currency Registration Certificate, and so on.
- Signed attorney as registered Supervisor (in sense of PRC corporate law) to continue protecting client’s interests in joint venture.
Client Nationality: American
Locations: Suzhou and Beijing
Turnaround: 2 months
- Represented American client in trademark dispute.
- Contacted client’s Chinese partner and identified cause of dispute.
- Facilitated improved communication, avoided potential IP infringement.
- Registered trademark and copyright for client’s brand in China and franchised those rights to joint venture and affiliated entities.
- Became ongoing liaison between shareholders of joint venture.